If you own a sailing yacht or motorboat on which you are planning to travel in and out of the UK, there are new UK Border Force rules you need to be aware of.

Since 1st January, it has been a legal requirement to report your departure from and arrival into the UK by pleasure craft.  This was previously done by submitting a C1331 Form.  Border Force has now introduced a new way for those travelling to and from the UK on pleasure craft to report their journey.

Anyone who owns, or is responsible for, a pleasure craft that sails to or from locations outside the UK and the Isle of Man is required to provide information about: 

– the vessel

– the voyage

– individuals onboard

– goods documentation 

The C1331 form has now been replaced with a faster, simpler, and editable digital form that can be submitted online. The new Pleasure Craft Report Service (sPCR) helps make it faster and easier for those travelling on pleasure craft to report the necessary information in advance of travel to or from the UK.

Find out more via the RYA website