Information about local transport links, shopping and eating, and medical assistance. See also Places of interest.
Taxi into Ipswich & Felixstowe
- Hawk Express: 01473 222222 or 01473 214777
- Avenue Taxis Ltd: 01473407070
- Four One Seven Cab Company: 01473 417417
- Also: 01473 720584, 01473 257777 and 01394 277777
75 & 77 - timetable from First Group.
Will stop on request in lay-by on Old Felixstowe Road, Stratton Hall, near rail crossing.
Trains to London & East Anglia
(probably the best option for getting to Harwich International Ferry Terminal).
Ipswich rail station or Felixstowe rail station
www.greateranglia.co.uk or Tel: 0845 6007245
- From Harwich International to the Hook of Holland with Stena Line - www.stenaline.co.uk (to book tel: 08705 707070, for info tel:01255 243333).
- From Harwich International to Denmark with DFDS - www.dfdsseaways.co.uk (to book 0871 522 9955. Calls cost 10p p/min + network extras)
Food - shopping
- There is a mini-market for basic food shopping within the chandlery, open seven days a week.
- The nearest big supermarkets are Sainsbury's, Warren Heath - about 5 miles away; Morrison's, Grange Farm Avenue, Felixstowe, about 6 miles away.
Food - eating out
- Haven Ports Yacht Club, the Lightship, in the Marina. Excellent food at very reasonable prices.
- The Ship public house, Levington, 01473659573. (Walk to the top of the Marina drive, turn LEFT, follow the lane, (one mile from the Marina) or follow the river wall foot path to Levington Creek, join the road turning LEFT, walk to the top of the hill
Emergency health advice
- Ipswich Hospital 01473 712233 (or dial 999 for ambulance)
- Riverside clinic (walk in health centre), Landseer Road, Ipswich, (A14 Nacton interchange, follow Nacton Road toward Ipswich town centre, at mini roundabout turn LEFT into Landseer Road, Heath Centre in approx.one mile adjacent to old Brewery).
- Doctor (Grove Medical Centre, Felixstowe) 01394 283197
Other useful contacts
- Thames Coastguard 01255 675518
- Police 01473 613500 (or 999 in emergency) Customs 0845 0109000
- Vet 01473 333677
- Tourist Information 01473 258070